Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Week 2 Project 1

 


The picture above was my inspiration piece that I decided to replicate. First I had to google a few images to use to create the eerie scene. I started off with just a simple background of trees with a misty look that I thought would be a good starting place.

Next, I looked through the pictures of houses that I had in my collection and tried a few. My first couple of tries did not work well and the pictures just did not seem to fit. I finally found a house that seems to look natural and put the blending mode to multiply. I also put a vignette and burned down the picture to make it seem darker. I also looked through my photographs with children and picked one that had movement to it. I had to scale down the child though because she was bigger than the house when I copied and pasted it in. I also used the multiply blending mode and adjusted the level of the picture of the small child.








I wanted the picture to have more of a misty effect so I googled clouds and chose a few different types of clouds that I thought I would like to incorporate with my final image.


These are the three cloud pictures that I picked out to use. The first cloud picture that I used was the third picture. I opened it in photoshop flipped the image and adjusted the levels so that most of the blues would become black in order to make the blending easier. After I adjust the levels I copied and pasted it into the image I had been working on and put the blending mode to screen with the opacity set to 11. I did not like how the clouds were falling so I scaled the cloud image and moved it around till I found what I was looking for. Next, I used the cloud image that is in the middle and copied and pasted it straight into the picture without changing anything with the original image. I put the blending mode to multiply with this image and took down the opacity to 75. I then went back to the last cloud image and copied and pasted it again into the picture but this time with the blending mode to multiply to give a luminosity look to the right corner of the sky.  Lastly, I took the very first cloud image adjusted the levels and used the screen mode again. Finally, the image has been completed!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Check the bottom right corner of the house, it looks transparent. I think it is better to consider the house as in front of the tree. I think that the rolling clouds are a little distracting and that you could instead increase more of the wispy cloud layers. Something that I didn't do before that might be good is to put in a layer of a rough wood or metal patina, a non-atmospheric texture.

    ReplyDelete