Thursday, May 26, 2011

Week 2 Project 2

I looked through my different vacation pictures since I am normally a portrait photographer so it never came to me that someday I might need scenic photographs. I found this ocean landscape from when I went to Corpus this past winter. It is kind of boring and plain by itself so I figure it would be perfect to add different elements to make it a piece of art. I decided to put a vignette around the corners to keep the attention to the center and cleaned up the beach of unwanted items dirtying it up. Next, I found from my collection of where I took a picture of the sun so I thought it would be a cool element to put in the sky. I just copied and pasted it into the sky and picked lighten as the blending mode to use since it didn’t mess with the sky. I wanted something on the beach so I looked up footprints in the sand on google and picked the one that I liked. It took me a few different tries to figure out how to make the sands blend in where it looks natural. I finally found out that if I put it on darken for the blending mode it made it pretty close look like it was natural but then to make it perfect you have to play with the levels. Next, I went to the picture that I made earlier in the week and dragged the little girl in that picture to this picture. I wanted here to seem like she was fading so I chose darker color for the blending mode and took the opacity down to 65.




I then layered in several different textures and clouds as well as playing with the different blending modes to get the final picture.














FINAL IMAGE!

2 comments:

  1. Good job. I would ax the girl though. She is not the right scale for the picture. Trust yourself with just the landscape without needing a figure. Perhaps if you went back to more of the surrealist image type that you had in your first post on this blog you might make better use of the figure and landscape combination. Part of that would be not worrying about having the figure and landscape logically match in terms of scale or placement. You can treat the landscape as more of a decorative background to a portrait photo piece, just like the old photo backdrops in studios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scale is hard to figure out what is right I am finding out. Also, since I am a portrait emphasis I just tend to stick people in all my photographs and pieces of work.I think for this next week I will go back to what you suggested. I will make a link to that Surrealist piece on the blog so it will be easier to get to.

    ReplyDelete